top of page

Your Questions Answered 

We want to take the opportunity on this page to answer some of the questions we frequently get from customers.

"The wiring in my home is quite old is there anything I can do about it?"

Yes, you have options to address old wiring in your home. Firstly, consider hiring a professional electrician to assess the situation. They can determine if rewiring is necessary for safety and compliance. Depending on the extent of the issue, rewiring may involve replacing outdated wiring with newer, safer materials. Alternatively, partial rewiring or installing additional outlets with modern safety features like ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) could enhance safety. Prioritize upgrades in high-risk areas like kitchens and bathrooms. Regular inspections and maintenance ensure continued safety. Always consult with a qualified electrician for personalized recommendations.

"Why is my light switch hot to the touch?"

A hot light switch could indicate several potential issues. One common cause is overloaded circuits, where the switch is handling more electrical load than it should. Loose connections within the switch or wiring can also generate heat due to resistance. Faulty wiring, especially if it's old or damaged, may cause overheating. Additionally, poor insulation or inadequate ventilation around the switch can lead to heat buildup. Regardless of the cause, a hot switch poses a fire risk and should be addressed promptly. Contact a licensed electrician to investigate and resolve the issue to ensure safety and prevent further damage.

Light switch.jpg
Happy mum and daughter.jpg
"How do I avoid having to change my light bulbs so frequently?"

Certain light bulbs, like LED (Light Emitting Diode) bulbs, excel at keeping your home well-lit for extended periods, enhancing comfort. LED bulbs are renowned for their longevity, lasting significantly longer than traditional incandescent or CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamp) bulbs. Their advanced technology minimizes energy consumption while emitting bright, consistent light. This longevity reduces the frequency of bulb replacements, saving time and money in the long run. With a lifespan of up to 25,000 hours or more, LED bulbs provide reliable illumination, ensuring a well-lit environment for your comfort and convenience over extended periods without the hassle of frequent replacements.

"When cooking sometimes the circuit breaker keeps tripping, why is that?" 

Cooking appliances can often trip circuit breakers due to their high power consumption. Appliances like microwaves, ovens, and electric stoves draw significant current when in use, especially during cooking cycles or when multiple appliances run simultaneously. This heavy load can exceed the circuit's capacity, causing the breaker to trip as a safety measure. Additionally, faulty wiring or old circuits may exacerbate the issue. Resetting the breaker and redistributing the load across different circuits can help prevent future trips. Consider upgrading to higher-amperage circuits or spreading out cooking tasks to avoid overloading circuits, ensuring uninterrupted cooking convenience and electrical safety.

happy customer cooking.jpg
bottom of page